Pros to the film Freaky:
- Some of the most unique “kill shots” I’ve ever seen. Really. Each death was pretty special and well thought out, really impressive.
- Vince Vaughn was absolutely delightful. He played the part perfectly.
- It’s a twist on Scream, Friday the 13th and Freaky Friday, all classics and the movie pays homage to them, so if you’re a fan girl/boy you’ll like it.
Cons to Freaky:
- Remember in the late 90s/early aughts where everything was based on a giant misunderstanding? That’s how this entire movie felt. I was yelling “why are you doing that?!” constantly. Or pausing the movie due to the sheer awkwardness of the scenes to take a lap around my coffee table to mentally prepare for the awkwardness that was about to unfold.
- Also apparently every high school jock in this universe is a colossal asshole.
Should you watch it? If you like the films listed above and want to see a new take on them, then yes! As long as you handle awkwardness better than I do. But I’m pretty sure I’m just broken so you’ll be fine.
– Katrina Rotondo